Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life Is Not Fair!





What would you feel when your family owned a first car? 

Happy, excited, speechless and many mixed of feelings right? My family and I had faced this situation but it was 15 years ago but we still feel the same. The feelings about our only and first car never changed. We still proud of it even though others ask us to changed it to a new one, the one that have the modern touched. But, it will never change our mind. We’ve feels really grateful to have this car that has been our true companion for the past 15 years and it has been a part of our life for so long. 

It was the old model Toyota Trooper and after some modification, it becomes 3 rows from only 2 rows in the beginning so that it will fit our 7 family members in the family. This car has been taken us on holidays, to visit friends and family, to and from school or work. We loved it so much and lavished a lot of time, energy and money on it.

It was bought when I am still 7 years old while both of my parents still working and our family is financially stable. But as we grow up, and my dad has retired from his job, leaving my mum to support our family, then money becomes the issue. 

Now, at 22 years old and currently studying at the international college while my other siblings was also still in the tertiary level at universities and college, suddenly the income becomes not enough and the debts was high. We needed money. 

Yesterday, my parents called me and told me that they are going to sell our car to cover up all of our living expenses, to pay our education fees. I never thought our financial will be this bad until my parents need to sell our only car. But they said, they need to in the name of education, they will sacrifice anything and ask my siblings and me to study hard and graduated. That’s all they want. They said we can buy a new one if all of us will get a job later. But I knew how newer, faster or shinier the new car is; none can bet the first set of wheels for the memories. 

I cried and cried. I never thought that to have a good education, this is the price that we should pay even if it means to let go the most meaningful things in your life. Our first and only car that we had ever owned is leaving and it feels like we have lost a member of our family. I feel very sentimental about this car and I knew my family feels the same too because my parents were crying when they broke this news to me. I think we have a very solid attachment to it. 

What hurts the most is when I imagining my old parents rushing and riding on the bus. It breaks my heart. I’m sorry mum and dad for burdening both of you; even though I knew you wouldn’t mind. I will study hard, graduate and find a stable job to support our family back. This is my promise.

I’m glad that even though we didn’t have much money, we still have much love, the love that is boundless and strong. That’s what matter the most.


Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn....

No comments:

Post a Comment